Ok, so remember how earlier I was talking about just making stuff up and that the process would either be led by the spirit guide or would attract a spirit? Not sure which happened, but I think I may be on to something. lol. Just not quite what I originally envisioned.
Before, I had this idea of it being a conscious effort. Tonight (technically this morning), though, it was way different.
It was very early morning, so you’ll have to forgive my somewhat draft-style notes.
- Somewhere around 2:00am-2:10am
- Was aware of someone/something
- Cold air felt on hand, but seemed to have movement/pressure
- In my mind, a saw a cat but it seemed nearly-translucent or made of air
- Made a conscious effort to see myself reaching out and stroking the cat’s fur
- Began verbal (mental) communication
- Questions were answered either immediately after the thought or sometimes before I could finish
- The “air” part and the cat qualities (agile/creative/intelligent) came to mind and reminded me of “Sylph“
- When I asked its name, it responded with “Sylvia”
- Either the name was a play on Sylph (as in “Sylph-ia”?), it’s a coincidence, it was nudging me towards the name by my thinking of a Sylph, or it was just a joke. Unsure.
- When I asked why it was here, it said, “You called me.”
- When I asked whether the cat shape was its true form, it said “No”
- For both the questions of how I can contact it again and whether it is my spirit guide (as opposed to just a passing spirit), its response was simply “You will know”
- At the very end of our talk, I got the image of the cat pushing its head up against mine. Not in an aggressive way, but in an endearing sort of way.
- Possibly related? Full Moon (almost – today is 11th, full moon on 13th)
Now… I’ll admit… all of the ingredients for this have been made readily available to my mind beforehand.
- Cats: I’ve been really interested in them lately. I have been looking for one as a pet. I also know that some consider cats to be related to the spirit world. That’s why they were prized heavily by the Egyptians and might be why they are often considered familiars of those involved in witchcraft.
- Sylphs: I read about them and other Elementals as part of research while trying to learn how others have contacted spirits (guide or otherwise). Recently, it was part of an occult-style book that I’ve had for many years. Though I think the overall rituals described in a lot of those books are quite silly, the underlying emphasis of the book seemed to be about understanding the nature, personality, and overall characteristics of the spirit. I also might have had an earlier exposure to the concept from when I was into alchemy for a year or so. Though I joked with friends about turning lead into gold, I learned pretty early into it that the majority of alchemy is actually about a transformation of mind and spirit. Like I said before, I have a pretty diverse background
- “Sylvia”: The name is somewhat familiar to me -at least for the past week or so now. I had downloaded a couple audio files that were lectures about contacting spirit guides. They were by Sylvia Brown. I had heard of her before, but — oddly enough — thought she was some romance novelist or something. lol. Some of what she said was entertaining, but it was all a bit too Christian-oriented for me. Still, I try to keep an open mind in hopes of learning stuff I can utilize for myself.
So could it have been just a trick of the mind? Sure. Do I think it was? It didn’t feel like it.
I’m used to my own inner-monologue and thoughts. This wasn’t like that. It was more like an inner-discussion. lol. Kind of surreal, now that I’m thinking back on it. I felt like I was in control of my thoughts but not “controlling” my thoughts, if that makes sense.
Hopefully I’ll be able to explore this a bit more later on. Definitely some interesting stuff.
Annoyingly. I think my mind is playing tricks with me now. I can’t seem to shut the darn thing up. lol.
Some random stuff I’ve noticed… Answers are typically three words or less. Not sure why or if that’s normal/relevant. It kind of seems like a bit of a smart-ass, too, which is why I think now it’s just my mind playing tricks on me.
I still get responses nearly instantly, but it seems like how serious I am about the question, whether I know the answer already, etc. has an effect on the answer I get. To “stump” it, I tried asking when I’ll die. Immediately, the answer was “June 12th, 2011″ What an optimist, huh? I’d be how old, then, like thirty? Gee, thanks. lol. So, yeah… Like I said… Whether spirit or my own mind, I’m probably getting teased a bit.
Assuming I can fall back asleep, things will hopefully be normal again when I wake up. Wonder if it’s like when someone points out a noise that you hadn’t noticed before. But now that you know it’s there, you can’t ignore it. That would be kind of annoying.
[UPDATE: From talking with my padrino, he agreed I shouldn't take the date I'd die too seriously... He thought it was more likely that it represented a change in my life or whatever. Personally, I just think my muerto is just easily-amused. Hehe]